The day we’ve all been waiting for, Opening Day 5780, has finally arrived. We’re looking forward to seeing everyone this Sunday, September 8, at 5 pm at The Temple, our meeting spot this first semester. I’m attaching our calendar for the year and here’s all the important info you need to be ready to launch our school year:
1) The Temple is located at 5101 US Highway 42, at the corner of 42 and Lime Kiln Lane. Please enter from Lime Kiln Lane and follow the signs for the Klein Center and Troop 30 so you head around to the back parking lot. We’ll enter and dismiss via the Religious School door that faces the back parking lot.
2) As you’ll see from our calendar, we’ll be meeting approximately 2X/month, usually from 5 – 7:30 unless there’s special programming indicated on the calendar. And please note that the calendar is subject to change—but I’ll always give you plenty of notice!
3) The most efficient way to notify our community of any last minute schedule changes or remind you about special programming is through our Remind text notification system. Please text @hsjs502 to 81010 to stay in the loop. If you were signed up last year you do not need to sign up again.
4) If your child will miss, please just shoot me a text or email so we know how many students to plan on for food.
5) We’ll start each session with dinner (or lunch, depending on when we’re meeting), a mini camp-like service/song session, an elective class block, some collective time when we’ll join together for everything from speakers to Torah Yoga, and then end with our core class block.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me.